“Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” - Serena Williams
How will you uplift women around the world today? We’ve compiled some ideas on how you can help honor and support women on International Women’s Day, March 8.
Join a women-led cause.
- Support your favorite women-owned businesses.
- Create and share a fundraiser for a women’s organization you wish to support.
Participate in a local event or movement
- Gather your friends, family and coworkers to join a walk or woman-led event in your area.
- Host a virtual event with the women in your professional network to promote each other and advocate for further opportunities for women in the workforce.
- Discover a new book on women’s empowerment.
Donate to a teacher or mom in need
- Create and share an online wish list of supplies to donate to women teachers in your area.
- Hold a diaper and formula drive in your workplace or donate clothing to a local women’s shelter.
Celebrate the special women in your life.
- Write a thank you note to a special woman in your life (could be your kindergarten teacher or maybe even the Scooter’s Coffee® barista that sees you at the crack of dawn) that has had the greatest impact on you.
- Gift a special woman in your life a Scooter’s Coffee gift card, so she can enjoy a sweet treat.
Help educate and empower our future female leaders.
- Encourage your daughters and/or young women around you to get involved in a women’s group or movement in their community.
- Promote opportunities for women in STEM and other less female-dominated professions to help change the status quo.