Effective Date: September 18, 2023
The Scooter’s Coffee Franchise System
What Information is Collected?
The information we may collect includes but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information (such as your first name, last name, phone number, and email address) to register to receive our newsletter and other company related updates, promotions, opportunities, and materials from us;
- Your username, password, and other information relevant to register for an account with Scooter’s Coffee;
- Your name, email, address, and birthdate to participate in Scooter’s Coffee rewards programs;
- Your location to enable you to locate a Scooter’s Coffee store nearest to you and for mail delivery of any goods you order from the Site;
- For potential franchisees, your contact and financial information, such as your first name, last name, email address, current job title, physical address, general financial information (such as liquidity, assets, and net worth), and other information relevant to your qualifications for a Scooter’s Coffee franchise;
- For potential franchisees, information included in a Franchise Inquiry Form, such as your preferences for location, time of opening, how you heard about Scooter’s Coffee franchises, and details regarding your interest in applying for a Scooter’s Coffee franchise;
- For job applicants, contact information, disclosures, employment history, education, resumes/cover letters, references, and other information relevant to your qualifications for an employment position with Scooter’s Coffee;
- Any information you provide when sending a message or contacting us regarding an inquiry, feedback, or other requests;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
- Your credit card and other payment information to process your purchases;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site, to collect information on you, and to improve our Site.
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons”, that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Log data, or data your browser sends to us, that may include information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our site visited, time and date of those visits, time spent on those pages, and other statistics to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
We also may collect information about you from other sources, such as our business partners, our vendors, and other public sources (e.g., your public social media posts).
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products, and also to collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding Scooter’s Coffee products, services, programs, or locations;
- Delivering your Scooter’s Coffee product orders;
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service;
- Administering our mobile app’s rewards program;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering;
- Processing your franchise inquiry and contacting you regarding franchise opportunities;
- For potential franchisees, information may be shared with affiliates and service providers as part of Scooter’s Coffee consideration of your franchise inquiry or application, including for criminal and other background checks;
- Sharing information with our Franchisees regarding your requests on the Site;
- Processing your job applications by sharing with the hiring manager, Franchisee, and/or the Field Brand Consultant and contacting you regarding employment opportunities;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the System that you have initiated;
- Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers;
- For any other purposes with your consent; and
We may share information, in the aggregate, regarding your online browsing preferences to evaluate our products or allow the third parties we work with to better serve our users.
We may provide user information to our third-party service providers or vendors for a variety of purposes, including without limitation:
- Initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf;
- Data tracking;
- Maintenance, operation, and development of our System;
- To provide our products and services to you (e.g., payment processing services; operating software providers; delivery of e-gift cards);
- To manage our relationship with you (e.g., feedback management services);
- Providing business analytics;
- For their use, disclosure, processing, or retention, as permitted or otherwise required of a service provider and/or processor by applicable data privacy laws (e.g., to engage sub-processors for sub-processing; for permitted internal uses such as improving products and services, security and fraud prevention, and compliance with legal obligations);
- Anonymizing your information for further internal and external use in a manner that does not identify you;
- Development of online products and services;
- Customer service;
- New product development; or
- Other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users.
We will not share your information with third parties for them to directly market their products to you. We may share personally identifiable information with Franchisees or local business partners with whom we collaborate or work with to provide specific services to you. All financial information submitted in connection with a franchise inquiry will be kept confidential.
We may share this information with any subsidiaries, Franchisees, licensees, suppliers, vendors, distributors, marketing partners, affiliates, assigns, successors, and other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, including those of our Franchisees, or as otherwise required by law.
We may disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Scooter’s Coffee, or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or divisions, or the sale or transfer of any Franchisee location to a new Franchisee. Any third party to which Scooter’s Coffee transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
We also may use third-party vendors to advertise to our users online when visiting third-party websites. These third-party vendors may display Scooter’s Coffee product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies, third-party cookies, and other tracking technologies, including but not limited to the Doubleclick cookie, Facebook Custom Audience, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and Facebook Connect, together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Scooter’s Coffee products or services. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose to not provide personal information or to limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at [email protected];
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section of Google’s Ad Settings.
Other Privacy Rights and Requests
Depending on where you reside, you may have rights under applicable state laws concerning personal information we have collected about you, which may include the right to:
- access your personal information we have;
- ask us to delete, correct, or restrict the use of your personal information;
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information;
- ask how we have used your personal information; and
- ask whether we have shared your personal information.
We will honor your rights to the extent required by us under applicable law or as we may agree to honor in our sole discretion.
Please submit any privacy requests relating to your personal information to us by email: [email protected].
We will respond to reasonable requests within the time limits established by applicable law or within a reasonable time if no time limit is established by applicable law.
If you or your authorized agent sends us an email requesting that we take action regarding your personal information or the right to be forgotten, the requesting email must come from the email address we have on file for you in order to verify that the request is valid and also to protect your personal information. All other requests must be made in writing or otherwise be verifiable as originating from you or your authorized agent. In order to protect your information and because people may have the same name, we will only provide or delete personal information that we can verify is associated with your particular email address or where we can reasonably identify the identity of the requestor.
For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the information you request and correct or delete any inaccurate personal information you discover. We reserve the right, however, to limit or deny your request to the extent permitted by applicable law if:
- complying with the request may present a threat to the personal safety, property, or rights of any other person or organization;
- complying with the request may lead to a violation of applicable laws or regulations;
- we are not required to comply with the request because of a legal rule or exception; or
- you have failed to provide us with sufficient evidence to verify your identity.
We also will not delete personal information if that personal information is related to an ongoing transaction. Even after a request, we may keep personal information where necessary to comply with applicable laws or to protect a legal right or fulfill a legal obligation.
Other California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you also can request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. At this time, our website does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are responsible for taking appropriate and reasonable steps to protect your password(s) and maintain the security of your devices.
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete this information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
By opting into our messaging program, you agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g., cart reminders) from Scooter's Coffee at the cell number used when signing up. If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program, you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly by sending an email to [email protected]. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by texting "STOP." After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.